But could have almost lost it. Credit to Sri Lanka, the top 5 – barring Mahela – gave India a run for its money, and us bored fans something to bite nails about.
Quick thoughts on what went well:
1. Tendulkar: Need I say anything? What a sublime innings to count for his 44th ODI ton.
2. Dravid opening: Despite the fact that he didn’t score big, he with Tendulkar set the platform for the other to build on. After a long time, Dravs did not look nervous and didn’t elicit the “oh my god, is he going to be out now” feeling I’ve had almost every ball of some his innings last year and in late-2007.
3. Harbhajan: He and Tendulkar won the match for us.
What didn’t go well:
1. Do we have a pace bowling attack? Where are the bowlers? RP, Irfan, Nehra, all disappointed.
2. Butterfingers fielding: Dhoni, Yusuf, Nehra, Kohli et all dropping catches like hot potatoes. Pathetic 😦
There will be a lot of ground to cover for this team in the Champion’s Trophy. On current bowling and fielding form, they don’t belong in the semi finals. A berth there is almost as dicey as it used to be in the early 90s.